Red Hare’s Contract with Nature
Nature and the environment are at the very heart of everything we do. We are based in the wilds of North Norfolk, surrounded by coastline on one side and countryside on the other. We’re passionate about protecting our natural environment and so we do everything we can to minimise our environmental impact.
- Eco Energy – our chosen energy supplier at Red Hare HQ generates only renewable electricity, made by windfarms here in the UK.
- FSC certified paper and card – all our card and envelopes are from FSC certified sources. The board we use for our coasters and placemats is sustainable eucalyptus from FSC certified forests. Our glass trivets are made using recycled glass.
- Compostable cellos or naked cards – we are happy to supply our cards to you without cello wraps if you would prefer. If you would like the cards wrapped, then rest assured that we use only cellulose wraps which are compostable.
- UK designed and made – we design all of our products in house and all our printing is done in the UK. We could choose to go further afield to have our printing done and increase our margins but we don’t want to incur the extra air miles. In addition, by choosing to do this we are supporting UK businesses.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle – we use the minimum possible packaging to ensure your products reach you undamaged. You may find that your order arrives with pre-used packaging such as bubble wrap, and we would encourage you to not to throw it away but to reuse it too. And, of course, we recycle whatever we can if it can no longer be used.
- No glitter or foil – found on so many greeting cards these days, it means they can’t be recycled. Rest assured that we will not do this and this so all our cards are recyclable.
- We’re planting trees – at our very own nature reserve in Cley next the Sea we’re planting UK native trees and returning what was once over grazed grassland back into a haven for wildlife.
If you have any questions for us about our eco credentials please get in touch as we would love to hear from you – email@example.com